Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Inspirational Card Sketches DT #5 + Blog Eye Candy!!!

It is time for New Inspirational Card Sketch!!!! Thanks so much for all who played along with us last week. This week Dawn is hosting the ICS #5 . Fun Sketch!!!









Here is the card I made using the Sketch this week.














This week Dawn has put together a lovely RAK for one one lucky person to Win (6 stamped Autumn Leaves 'Butterfly', 4 hand crocheted blooms (by me), 4 Paper Studio Brads, 1 yard of light pink lace trim). The winner of this RAK will be chosen by the good old Random.org Tuesday morning (3/3/09). You have until Monday March 2, 2009 CST midnight 12:00am to get your creations linked up in Mister Linky.

Also, make sure you see what the other DT members did, they are all fabulous!!! Click here to see all the Design Team cards using this sketch.

In this card I used patterned paper from The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby). I stamped the dog ("Dogs" stamp set from Inkadinkado) onto cream c.s. using Jumbo Java (VersaMagic) ink and sponged the edges. Then, I stamped the sentiment "Having a RRRUFFday?" onto cream c.s., glued to the card.










Here's a close-up picture so you can see the Crystal Effects I added to the dog.













To finish the card, I added some gemstones, ribbon and piercings.
For more inspiration, you can check out what the other ICS DT members have created.

RECIPE: Stamps: Dog and sentiment (Inkadinkado); Papers: Brown, Lt.cream and Lt.yellowc.s.; Patterned paper (The paper Studio); Inks: Jumbo Java (VersaMagic), Mushroom (Adirondack); Accessories: Ribbon, Paper Glaze and Gemstones; Tools: Paper Punch (paw) and paper piercer.

Thanks for stopping by to share in my sketch creations! ~Olena~

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olena your card is `gorgeous` I love those stamps TFS...
Have a lovely Day:)~X~

Pearl said...

awesome card , Olena ! love the stamp & sentiment !

Tricia said...

you put so many details on this card! holy moly! I love it! Have a wonderful day!

Marcea said...

This is stunning hun - I absolutely adore it!
Fabulous work
-x-

Dawn♥ said...

Love the doggie stamped image and the gorgeous outdoorzy look you gave your card. Love it! ♥

Karen said...

Hi Olena, I just love this card and whagt you have done with the sketch this week. This dog stamp is lovely and what great paper.

Karen x

Fink said...

I just love the card! It is so cute! I am glad you showed the detail close up!

Stamp-o-maticmama said...

to dog gone cute LOL.. i love this

Kim Costello said...

This was such a clever take on Dawn's sketch Olena, love your stamping! Gorgeous, HuGs Kim x

LeAnne said...

Oh, I just got this stamp set--this is such a great card using it! Love the neutral colors!
LeAnne

Unknown said...

I am sorry, but i dont write english very well...

I like very much yours dog gard.
I have those stamps too and i like it veru much. :)

greetings from Finland!

-tuulis-