Thursday, January 8, 2009

Design Team - My first card!

Happy Thursday Everyone!!! Today is the first day of my time with Sketches! { by tamara} Design Team. Here is the card I made using the sketch # 77 this week. Also, make sure you see what the other DT members did, they are all fabulous!!! Click here to see all the Design Team cards using this sketch. And, if you want to play along, make sure you upload your link to the site so we can all check it out!
Today, in this card I used some "Boxer" patterned paper (by Basic Grey) for both the background layer. I sticky Rub-On with birdies ("Chickadees") onto light patterned paper, sponged edges with green ink and put onto punched corner the other patterned paper. I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts "Frames and Messages" set onto white oval Cuttelbug tag and through two color ribbons. To finish the card, I added some Silk Flowers, a metallic bread, a scalloped lace bottom edge punch (Martha Stewart), Gemstones.

RECIPE:
Stamps: Sentiment (Hero Arts)
Papers: Green c.s., Clear Vellum paper; Patterned paper (Basic Grey)
Inks: Pearlescent ivy (Brilliance)
Accessories: Rub-On; Ribbons, Gemstones, Silk Flowers; Cuttlebug Tag die;
Punches;
Tools: Cuttlebug machine, Paper Piercer.

Have a blessed day ~Olena~

8 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow Olena this is gorgeous.

Kim said...

Thanks for the nice comment you left me. I'm glad I stopped by to check out your blog. Your cards are beautiful!

Becky G said...

Olena, this is absolutely beautiful! Welcome to the team. I'm looking forward to your designs. You are truly talented!!!

Hugs,
Becky

Krista B. said...

Hi Olena! Your card is GORGEOUS I love it. Welcome to the team, your work is amazing : )

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!

Sandy said...

Wow ... your card is amazing Olena!! You coloring is fantastic. Congrats on your DT news.

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Olena. This creation is absolutely stunning. Those birdies have been masterfully coloured. Hugs from Desire

Corie said...

THIS IS AWESOME -- I can see why you are on the design team!!