Thursday, June 11, 2009

"To My Sweetheart" and "Thank you" cards

Happy Thursday Everyone!!! It's Sketches! { by tamara} again. Here is the card I made using the Sketch #99 this week.

Here is the card I made using the Heartfelt Creations stamps this week. I stamped the "Dew Drop Rose" 3 times on white c.s. and color with Prismacolor pencils (blended with OMS), cut out the Rose in second and third stamped images and 3-d.
Add some Crystal Laquer for dimension. Next, I layered on a pieces of matching c.s. and patterned paper. Then, I stamped the sentiment "To My Sweetheart" onto white c.s. and cut/embossed with my Classic circle Nestabilities. Added ribbon, Dew Drops, Gemstones and piercings to accent the card.
***********************************************************************************
My second card, I made for the Mojo Monday Sketch # 90. Make sure you check out the Mojo Monday sketch challenge and see what the other ladies made. The cards are fabulous again this week.

This beautiful image "Primative Bird on a Sunflower" is actually a digital stamp from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff. It is only $1.00. It is so easy to use too! I just printed the image and then colored in using my Prismacolor pencils. I blended the colors with OMS.
For embellishments, I added some Yellow Silk Ribbon, Big Orange Button with threat, Dew Drops, Gemstones and of course, piercings.

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your Thursday! ~Olena~

21 comments:

Diana Mancuso said...

Oh, wow! That rose card is stunning!

Beth said...

Wow, gorgeous cards! I love your colouring and the dimension you've added to the rose!

Beth xx

Unknown said...

Congratulations again Olena. I'm so glad they are starting to see your stuff as DA BOMB!!!!

Jeannie said...

The rose is gorgeous and the little birdie is just as cute as can be! Great job on both!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Beth aka BR-T said...

These cards are truly amazing! BR-T

Becky said...

Wow is right,, these are just stunning. I love how you did the rose.

Anonymous said...

Hey I recognise the second sketch!@ how lovely, love the colors and layers!

Row said...

Once again your creations are just amazing. The corners on the prim bird on sunflower adds a nice touch. Need I say it again AMAZING!

Margie said...

Beautiful cards! Great job, Olena!

Kim said...

Beautiful cards! Your coloring is wonderful as usual!

Mrs. Fence said...

I Love both cards! They are just stunning!!!!

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous cards Olena!! Love your coloring!!

Janet said...

fantastic cards!! love them both!
hugs

ljurecek said...

I love that little bird on the sunflower and I especially love how you colored her. This is a really pretty card. All the colors look so great together, and love all the little details: the bow, the corners, the paper!

Karen said...

Beautiful cards!! I love how you popped up the rose and the fab coloring. I also really like what you did with the bird on the sunflower.....I saw that for the first time on Tracey's blog. Isn't it amazing how different each person can make their stamps (digi or otherwise) look?! :>

Katt said...

These are both just stunning, but I love the faded look of the primitive bird and flower! Gorgeous!

Emily said...

I stopped by your blog Olena to thank you for your kind comments on my Mojo card for last week. I was instantly blown away by these cards so I took a leisurely stroll through your blog. I am totally blown away by how talented you are! Your cards are simply amazing! I can see that you too love to cut and pop things as I do! It's rare that I cruise a blog and like everything I see, but I have to say that there is so much eye candy here that my jaw is still on the floor! Thanks so much for the link to the digi stamps. I'm just starting to investigate them. I love the fact that you can resize them for your cards. Hope you don't mind if I follow along on your card creating journey...I don't want to miss anything:))

Sylvia Blum said...

Olena *sigh*.. your cards are outstanding! GORGEOUS!!!! I love every single thing you do.. you're an artist in cardmaking! :)
{love} Sylvia

Tricia said...

phenomenal cards! Just stunning! I have always enjoyed your work!

Kim Costello said...

Gorgeous cards, they're stunning Olena, Gorgeous colouring and love the scrummy papers! Have a fantastic weekend ♥ HuGs Kim x

Tammi said...

Been browsing your blog, just wow! Love your paper piecing on all your cards, your details and designs are beautiful!